Dale is a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation, and has over 25 years’ experience working in Commercial Dispute Resolution, including Banking and Finance, Corporations Law, Estates and Trust Law, Competition and Consumer Law and Tax Litigation. In addition to this, other areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
– Contract and other commercial and property related drafting
– Mortgagee actions involving secured and lender actions for unsecured debt
– Corporations, securities and insolvency proceedings
– Professional liability (Engineers & Architects)
– Property transfer, leasing and security actions
– Shareholder and Director disputes
– Building & Construction litigation
– Director’s liability matters
– Administrative appeals and licensing matters, including planning and environmental disputes and
representing medical practitioners in disciplinary proceedings
– Local Government matters
– Partnership and internal corporate disputes
– Acting for persons who are the subject of ASIC and ATO investigations
(AAT, Federal and Supreme Courts)
– Criminal and penalty proceedings arsing under taxation and corporations’ laws
– Actions involving banking and financial institution laws
– Intellectual property litigation (including trademark, designs, copyright & moral rights (artistic works)
– Testator family maintenance litigation
Additional professional experience & key skills includes:
• Editor, LexisNexis Sale & Recovery of Land in Victoria – Court Forms, Precedents, Pleadings & Commentary (Oct.2018).
• Routinely appear on behalf of parties in Federal, Supreme & County Court and VCAT.
• Act for companies in proceedings against former employees and officers in response to substantial fraud & misappropriation of company assets/abuse of section 457 visa program.
When away from the office, Dale enjoys spending time with his children, reading, camping, travelling, visiting the cinema/theatre, as well as listening to classical music, blues & the opera.