Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Madison Branson Lawyers understands that going to court is not only stressful, but it is an expensive exercise. We, therefore, are proactive to provide a commercial resolution for all disputes in all jurisdictions including commercial and contractual disputes, insolvency and debt recovery matters.
Madison Branson Lawyers works closely with its clients, their accountants and financial advisors in order to achieve the best possible results and outcome in this difficult area. We can also provide advice to secured and unsecured creditors, companies and individuals with options to consider how debt and financial matters can be tackled to provide best outcomes.
Where possible, we focus on alternative dispute resolution methods to avoid the high costs associated with litigation and court cases. For expert advice and prompt resolution of your matter, contact Madison Branson Lawyers today. We’ll work with you to devise the most appropriate and practical strategy.
Our services extend to:
- Proceeds of crime litigation under the Commonwealth regime, the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (Cth), and the State regime in Victoria, the Confiscation Act 1997 (Vic);
- Debt recovery, personal and corporate insolvency and reconstruction;
- Enforcement of securities, mortgages and charges;
- Director and shareholders’ disputes and oppression actions under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- Representing clients examined before the Australian Securities & Investments Commissions, in civil penalty proceedings, and advising in relation to compliance with notices served under the Australian Securities & Investments Commission Act 2001 (Cth);
- Domestic and commercial building and construction disputes involving matters concerning the Domestic Building Contracts Act 1995 and the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002;Commercial tenancy disputes;
- Trust disputes including obtaining access to trust documents;
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Deceased estates;
- International trade disputes including international arbitration.
Notable cases include:
- AFP v Surinder Kaur  VSC 423;
- Guo v Commissioner of Australian Federal Police  VSC 269;
- Commissioner of the Australian Federal Police v Wen & Ors  VSC 391;
- Commissioner of the Australian Federal Police v Wen & Ors (No 2)  VSC 502.